Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shattered Patterns

What if I want to die?
What if life holds no appeal?
What if I dance to the siren song of death?
What if I hunger for the stillness?
What if I thirst for silence?

At least then I know my place.
At least then I know my end.
At least then they understand.

I’m just another nameless face.
I’m just another empty death.
I’m just another teenage tragedy.
I’m just another foolish child
With just another grieving family.

Folks will say they’re sorry.
Folks will say that it’s so sad.
Folks will try to care,
But, folks won’t.

It’s a simple pattern.
It’s a story often told.
It’s so sad.
It’s the way of the world.

But,

What if I want to live?


     -The Shadow Knight

1 comment:

  1. I want you to live!!! Love you sweet girl :) I have been enjoying reading your blog, so keep the posts coming.

    Aunt Lela

    ReplyDelete