Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Great Secret

I have to stay.
I cannot go.

My mind says yes.
My heart says no.

I’m needed here.
I need to leave.

The siren calls.
Roads sing my name.

My blood runs hot.
I scream with pain.

A single tear runs down my cheek.
A heartbeat pulse throbs its beat.

In my heart I feel a yearning.
Open roads and ever turning.

My world keeps spinning out of control.
It’s as if I’m falling a rabbit-hole.

It’s falling, and darkness, and sickness, and cold.
It’s fear, and it’s shame, and it’s ever alone.

At last, I can leave.
I’ve opened the door.

Soft rain is shining.
Light patters on floor.

That moment is perfect.
I hear the sweet song.

I have been waiting for so very long.

I’m one step away from all that I’ve dreamed of.
One breath away from heaven’s gate.

In one bright moment all is made clear.
The road’s just a road, and my home is here.

Laughing my eyes and smiling my step.
I turn my back on what I’d thought best.

There is a great secret.
I now know its answer.

Home is where the heart is.
Heart is where you put it.


      -The Shadow Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment